Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lipstick Reviews Series: Shu Uemura Tint In Gelato


Hello my lovely readers!

I have a huge crush on lip and cheek products, shades from red to coral, pink, light hue of orange,… Oh dear I just can’t get enough!




As life is getting busier, these days we prefer multi-use products because of its convenience. There are so many similar products on the market; however, Shu Uemura Tint In Gelato is the one you should try this Spring – Summer 2015.

As I said this is a multi-use product, don’t confuse yourself by the packaging. These days you can never tell because packaging can be so deceiving. Gone are the days when it was only lip gloss that came packaged like this. So yes, here come another 2 in 1 lips and cheeks tint! But don’t get the wrong idea, Shu Uemura is definitely not just-another-one kind of things, and I’m going to tell you why.






Overall about the packaging, Shu Uemura Tint in Gelato has a simple yet elegant design. The wand and brush is a soft, doe-foot applicator, which makes it easy to apply on the lip and cheeks as well.



Tint in Gelatos come in 12 shades and are said to be part of the permanent range with just two colours being limited edition, BG01 and AT04 (a warm orange with gold shimmer). The color range is quite diversified, there’s something for every skin tone and favorite. For reference, the one I review today is shade AT01 Cassis Delight, which is a classy and bold red color with neutral undertones, so it would be perfect for every skin tone. The color is very pigmented, and I find the AT01 color so bright and bold that I would rarely use for my makeup look. Anyway, it stills a good idea for those who wearing red lip almost every day. And other colors in the range look so nice and pretty, I’m so excited to try them all.




Now let’s talk about the texture. The lipstick glides on smoothly and it doesn’t feel sticky on my lips which is a good thing. Because of being a multi-use product, Tint In Gelato has a fresh and creamy gelato-like unique formula magically changes from a thick to a thin layer for variations of finish: from intense dewy to soft matte finish.Thin layer gives a semi-matte look with a natural sheen finish, while delicate layering gives more intense color payoff. I, personally find thin layer is the way to go, just gently dab it on your lips and blend it out. A little goes a very long way. On special occasion, when you want your look to be bright and bold, you can apply right from the lipstick to get an intense dewy finish (as you can see in photos below)






I tried Tint In Gelato on a night out to test their long-lasting feature. Afterward, I find this doesn’t very long-lasting since I have to retouch during the night. However, it’s completely fine by me as I’m not looking a lipstick that stay on all day and difficult to remove (which I find it a little bit annoying), and yeah I’m willing to touch up my lipstick during the day.

In general, I love this Shu Uemura Tint In Gelato is worth trying and the price is more affordable than other department brand (around $28). I’ve tried the Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Kiss & Blush ($40), and I don’t see much different between these two, the formulas are pretty much identical.


Have you tried these yet? Share your thoughts with me in the comment below cause I’m going to try other color from the range, any suggestion?






Love yourself more and always be beautiful.







              



Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog. I only recommend products I use and I personally think are good having tried them on myself, so I can’t guarantee that all of those products I recommended will suit you. I suggest you test products out on yourself before purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment