Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mascara Review Series: L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof + Tips and Tricks


Hello gorgeous!

Today’s article would be all about M-a-s-c-a-r-a! And the It-Mascara I would like to introduce to you guys is L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara, which is a gift from my best friend and I’m really glad she gave me. This mascara made such a huge impression on me, I know I’ve got to share with you.

You can shop it here:





Ratings: L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara

Value for money: (5/5)
Brush: (5/5)
Define & Separate Lash: (5/5)
Waterproof: (5/5)
Volume: (4/5)
Average Rating: (5/5)





I have to say that this mascara exceeded my expectation for a drugstore item. My first impression is the brush, which is called The-Butterfly-Brush. The brush has a very unique shape, as you can see in the picture above, with a wing tip brush to lengthen and volumize every lash from the inner to the outer corners of your eyes. And because of the asymmetrical brush, it would be a little bit uncomfortable and difficult to apply mascara on my left eye.






This is the way I apply this mascara, after curling my lash. By the way, I use the lash curler by Shu Uemura – and it is amazing. Firstly, I use the wing side of the brush to comb out and lengthen the edge of my lash. Then, I use the other side which is the flat side to add more volume to the lash.

For an effortless, natural everyday makeup look, I would just keep it that way. But if you want, you can build it up until achieve the desired volume. Personally, I don’t like going for the second coat, because the mascara starts to clump and makes my lash looks too thick and dramatic. I know that so many reviewers said it doesn’t clump at all, but in my case, it does a little bit. I don’t know, maybe it was just me... 

And here is the result: Before vs After







This is the part most of you are here for! As you can tell in the ratings above, I’m really impressed by its long-lasting and waterproof formula. About long-lasting, the mascara doesn’t smudge and stay all day, like seriously! I cannot even take it off with the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. Actually, I can, but it would take more time and more amount of the product to take it off completely. So I need to remove my eye makeup first, using Lancôme BI-FACIL Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover and cotton pads. The travel size Bi-Facil I’ve got from Sephora as free stuffs along with purchasing, but you can also shop it here. Bi-Facil is the best eye makeup remover I’ve used so far. And about waterproof, it’s amazing to be honest! I use this mascara for the whole trip to Da Nang, I go swimming with my mascara on and it’s literally didn’t flake off to my lower lash. I mean, w-o-w, L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly, you had me completely!

Because of the long-lasting and waterproof formula, it could be a little con of this mascara. It would be perfect for a night out, pool party, or any kind of party that you need your mascara to stay. Yet to be honest, having it removed everyday is a little troublesome and annoying.

Anyway, this L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara is still a highly recommended drugstore item. Give it a try and I’m sure you’re glad you did!

Tips And Tricks For Applying Mascara!

#1Apply mascara on the bottom lashes first, then apply mascara on the upper lashes and start from the inside corner.

#2 – Go horizontal and then flip vertical to really get every lash and make them look fuller.

#3 – Look down at the mirror to do the top lashes so that you won't get mascara everywhere.

#4 – Gently press on the eyelid to pop out the lashes in order to get as close to the lash line as possible when applying mascara.

#5 – The mascara started to clump or the lashes became over-dramatic? Use the eyelash comb and brush to brush it away.



Vì có vài bạn đề nghị với mình là viết blog song ngữ Anh – Việt, nên mình sẽ tóm gọn phần review ở trên bằng Tiếng Việt cho các bạn tiện tham khảo nhe.

Công dụng của L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly là làm cong, dài và dày mi. Bạn nào đã từng đi lùng sục và dùng qua nhiều loại mascara chắc hẳn đang lấy làm lạ là Voluminous Butterfly có thể làm được cả ba hiệu ứng trên. Hell yes!

Và đây là cách mà mình chải mascara Voluminous Butterfly! Sau bước bấm cong mi – mình dùng kẹp bấm mi của Shu Uemura – bạn dùng mặt ‘bất thường’ (xem hình minh họa ở trên) của mascara chải mi, chủ yếu phần đuôi mắt, để làm cong và dài mi, tạo hiệu ứng ‘butterfly’ như quảng cáo. Sau đó bạn dùng mặt còn lại, mặt ‘bình thường’ chải toàn bộ mi để làm dày mi. Well done!

Một vài nhận xét của mình! Mình cực kỳ hài lòng với cây mascara này, chất lượng quá tuyệt cho một sản phẩm drugstore, giá cả phải chăng. Về hiệu ứng, Voluminous Butterfly làm mi của mình – vốn vừa thưa, vừa ngắn, vừa thẳng đuột – cong và dài hơn rất nhiều, nhưng trông vẫn tự nhiên và không quá dày đặc hay bị vón cục. Về waterproof và long-lasting, mascara này phải nói là làm được điều này tốt nhất trong những cây mascara mình đã dùng. Waterproof cực kỳ tốt, mình dùng cây mascara này trong chuyến đi Đà Nẵng vừa rồi, tắm biển, bơi lội, lặn ngụp mà mascara vẫn không hề trôi. Nhưng mà đây cũng chính là một khuyết điểm nhỏ của cây mascara này. Mình phải tốn nhiều thời gian hơn một chút và dùng một lượng khá nhiều Cleansing Balm Take The Day Off của Clinique thì mới tẩy sạch được. Vì vậy khi dùng mascara này mình phải thêm một bước là tẩy trang mắt – mình dùng Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover của Lancome, cái này khá đắt tiền nhưng dùng rất tốt và hiệu quả, nhất là khi gắn mi giả, bạn không cần kéo cả da mí mắt kèm thêm vài sợi lông mi như trước đây mà vẫn tẩy sạch trang điểm một cách nhẹ nhàng.

Các sản phẩm được đề cập ở trên:

Kẹp bấm mi Shu Uemura – mua tại Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, phường Bến Nghé, quận 1) hoặc Diamond Plaza (34 Lê Duẩn, phường Bến Nghé, quận 1), giá 490.000đ.

Tẩy trang Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm của Clinique – mua tại Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, phường Bến Nghé, quận 1), giá 840.000đ.

Tẩy trang mắt Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover của Lancome – mua tại Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, phường Bến Nghé, quận 1) hoặc Diamond Plaza (34 Lê Duẩn, phường Bến Nghé, quận 1), giá đang cập nhật.

Tips and Tricks khi chải mascara!

#1 – Chải mascara cho mi dưới trước, sau đó mới đến mi trên và chải mascara từ trong ra ngoài.

#2 – Chải mascara theo chiều ngang, sau đó dùng đầu mascara để theo chiều dọc đẩy nhẹ phần chân lông mi để mi trông dày hơn.

#3 – Để gương thấp khi chải mascara, mắt nhìn xuống gương sẽ dễ chải hơn và tránh được trường hợp chớp mắt hay lem mascara.

#4 – Dùng tay kéo nhẹ mí mắt lên dể chải được sát từ chân của sợi lông mi.

#5 – Khi mascara bị vón cục hay bị chải quá tay, bạn chỉ cần dùng cọ chải mi (như trong hình ở trên) để chải bớt phần mascara thừa. Ps: Trick này còn giúp cho mascara của mi trên và dưới không bị dính khi chớp mắt, mascara trở nên thoải mái hơn bao giờ hết!






Love yourself more and always be beautiful.

& Have fun shopping!







                                 xoxo


Vy Le Nguyen







Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog. I only recommend products I use and I personally think are good having tried them on myself, so I can’t guarantee that all of those products I recommended will suit you. I suggest you test products out on yourself before purchasing.





No comments:

Post a Comment