Thursday, August 28, 2014

Skincare Reviews: Dr.Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion




Hello lovelies!


I’ve got a sample/ travel size of Dr.Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant as a 100 points reward from Sephora, so I’m doing a quick review on this items. If you want me to write review on any beauty products, feel free to leave a request comment below. And I hope my review is useful and able to help you have a better overview on the skincare products you are considering.

Here’s the link for the full size one:





Ratings: Dr.Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant

Value for money:  µµµ (3/5)
Immediate Result:  µµµµ (4/5)
Fragrance/ Scent:  µµµµ (4/5)
For Combination/ Oily Skin: µµµµ (4/5)

Average Rating: µµµµ (4/5)

I’ve been looking for the-one-exfoliator which suits my skin type, so when I got this Dr.Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant from Sephora, I’m so excited to try it out.

My first impression is the very gentle formula of this item. As you can tell in the picture above, it looks like a normal cream cleanser, but when I started to massage all over my face, I can feel there are many teeny tiny crystals which are scrubbing away dead skin cells. You have to be extra gentle as the crystals can hurt a little if you scrub too hard. At the time I massage my face, the smell made me feel so relaxing! The scent is fresh, minty and floral, it smell a lot like chamomile. It’s the blend of botanicals, I think.

After gently massaging onto my face, I rinsed it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. It surprisingly leaves my skin very soft and smooth texture and provides a very healthy look. My pores looked smaller, skin tone more even and brighter. The crystals are super fine and wasn't abrasive to irritate my acne-prone skin. I think ‘achieve maximum results in minimal time’ is not quite an exaggerated advertising. Well, maybe I might just splurge for these impressions because I was very excited to try this out.

Anyway, in my opinion, Dr.Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant did a very good job as a exfoliator. Yet, to be put in a consideration whether to purchase the full size (or re-purchase), I would say NO! I could give you one simple reason, the price is insane! I could be a beauty lover and obsess with all the makeup and skincare things, but I wouldn’t spend such $78 for an exfoliator. It’s not that I don’t like this item from Dr.Brandt Skincare, I have to accept the fact that this one is great and really affects my skin. But I’m afraid I wouldn’t go for the full size, I’m pretty sure there are more affordable products on the market that work just well.



And yes, may I suggest you this exfoliator Vitamin C Microdermabrasion from The Body Shop as an alternative. You can shop it here:



I will give you some reviews on this item. This one, basically, has the same formula with the Dr.Brandt Skincare, the crystals are super fine, the texture is very gentle and didn’t cause irritation to my skin. There is one little thing I don’t like about this exfoliator from The Body Shop is the scent. The scent is exactly like vitamin C. This may sound crazy but it makes me feel like I’m scrubbing the vitamin C effervescent on my face. However, we cannot ignore the fact that vitamin C is a nutrition which is very good for your skin. Vitamin C, in addition to helping diminish fine lines, is a powerful antioxidant that protects the skin from sun damage.

Caution! Do not use this Vitamin C Microdermabrasion with any of your skincare product containing AHA in the ingredients. It is advisable not to apply these two products at the same time, one on top of the other.

Anyway, the Vitamin C Microdermabrasion as a whole, in my opinion, is a good and affordable exfoliator. I would pick this one for my skincare routine, for sure!


Love yourself more and always be beautiful.




                                 xoxo


Vy Le Nguyen





Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog. I only recommend products I use and I personally think are good having tried them on myself, so I can’t guarantee that all of those products I recommended will suit you. I suggest you test products out on yourself before purchasing.



No comments:

Post a Comment