Monday, August 4, 2014

Evening skincare routine



Hello pretties!

This blog today is all about my evening skincare routine. Skincare routine is a must-have for every girl or woman. It would miraculously affect your skin if you chose the right skincare items! In my opinion, it would not be a waste when you spend it on skincare, at least to be compared with makeup. Because no matter how high quality your makeup is, you cannot hide all the blemishes or imperfections of your skin completely. And see what happened when you take them off at the end of the day? Be your own beautiful skin is still so much better than hiding and concealing it under your makeup. Let's just say a well spent on skincare goes a long way. Your skin will definitely thank you for that!

Now, I’ll show you my evening skincare routine step by step! I hope it would be useful for you to find your own skincare items.




#1 – Makeup remover

I normally don’t wear makeup very often. For everyday makeup, I don’t wear foundation, I only use face primer, eyebrow pencil, sometimes maybe a little bit of eyeliner or mascara, and lastly I put on my favorite lipstick or tinted lip balm. Just so you know, I’m addicted to lipsticks. I know, ladies, we all have our own addiction! Anyway, so if you wear any makeup, or even sunscreen, then you need to take them off before any kind of skincare routine.




This is the most important step in your skincare routine, especially before going to bed. So here I’m using Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm to wash away all of my makeup. Please note that I use this cleansing balm only when I wear everyday makeup (as mentioned above), if you wear heavier makeup like waterproof eyeliner, mascara, false lashes (especially), long-lasting eyeshadow, etc, then I recommend you go for the eye makeup remover first. Just make sure you don’t have any makeup leftovers on your face before moving the next step of your skincare routine.

Shop it here:



Dành cho các bạn đọc ở Việt Nam, bạn có thể tìm mua tại cửa hàng Clinique ở TTTM Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, quận 1, TP.HCM). Giá tham khảo: 840.000 VND.

#2 – Cleanser


After removing all my makeup, I wash my face all over again with Lancome Mousse Radiance Clarifying Self-Foaming Cleanser for normal / combination skin. I, actually, have oily skin, but this cleanser did not leave my skin oily or shiny at all (so I think it would dry you out if you have normal skin). In contrast, I really like the feeling of air-light foam gently wash off all the dust and leftover makeup, leaving my skin very fresh and clarified. One more thing, I recommend you wash your face with lukewarm water, it will help you to rinse off all the makeup, oil, and dust easier and better.

Shop it here:




Dành cho các bạn đọc ở Việt Nam, rất tiếc là mình không tìm thấy chính xác sản phẩm trên tại cửa hàng Lancôme ở TTTM Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, quận 1, TP.HCM), nhưng có một sản phẩm sữa rửa mặt cùng dòng Radiance Clarifying chỉ khác là không phải dạng tự tạo bọt - Lancome Creme Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-Foam Cleanser. Giá tham khảo: 800.000 VND.

#3 – Toner

The next step I will brush my teeth, of course, but it is obviously not about skincare, so I probably shouldn’t mention here.




The next thing I going to do is using tissues to dry my face. I prefer using tissues to using towel, I don’t know, I think it would be more hygienic. If you use your towel to wipe your face, just make sure it was cleaned. When it is completely dry, I take one or two pumps of Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener and gently pat it on my face. I don’t know why this toner is recommended for dry skin on Sephora, because I have very oily skin but it did not break me out. But I would say this toner is average, it is not as good as I expected, so I probably will find another toner that would suit my skin type. Do you have any suggestion? I really need some. Please write it on the comment section below telling what the toner you are using right now.

Find this product here:


Dành cho các bạn đọc ở Việt Nam, bạn có thể tìm mua sản phẩm tại của hàng Shiseido ở TTTM Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, quận 1, TP.HCM). Giá tham khảo: 490.000 VND.

#4 – Lip Balm



Here I’m using Neutrogena Formule Norvégienne/ Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer and this is amazing! It’s just a drugstore product yet it’s very effective, it can boost moisture, enhance volume and heal the chapped lips. Definitely a must-have lip balm for every girls!

Shop it here:

Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer/  Neutrogena Formule Norvégienne

Dành cho các bạn đọc ở Việt Nam, bạn có thể tìm mua sản phẩm tại đây.

#5 – Serum & Treatment

Just so you know, my lips is very very dry, so I have to use lip balm all the time. More importantly, hydrating your lips before going to sleep would give you a smooth and plumping lips in the next morning. 




This step is quite flexible. You can skip it if your skin does not have many problems, you can just use the night cream only. My skin is very oily, has large pores and blemishes, and can be breakout easily, so I use Lancome Visionaire Advanced Skin Corrector to improve my skin. This serum is quite expensive, but in my opinion, it does a very good job at minimizing my pores. My skin becomes much smoother, my pores are visible corrected, and those acne scars are diminished. What a result! Except for the very costly price, I have to say that the quality of this serum is worth the money. Before having tried the sample size of this serum, I did read a lot of reviews on www.sephora.com, some find it effective and worth the money, some doesn’t feel the same way. I, therefore, recommend that you should ask for the sample size to test directly on your skin for a few days before deciding whether to purchase it or not.

Afterward, if you have acne problem, you can use your own acne treatment after applying serum (if had). I used to have a very serious acne problem, but after a long time of treatment, I don’t have acne very often, maybe once in a while. Anyway, my skin improved a lot since then. If you would like to know how I got rid of those acnes, please leave a comment below. I will write a blog about how to treat acnes whenever I have time. Because, as we all know, summer is about to come to an end… which is a very very sad news I wish I never realized!

Shop it here:


Dành cho các bạn đọc ở Việt Nam, bạn có thể tìm mua sản phẩm tại cửa hàng Lancôme tại TTTM Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, quận 1, TP.HCM). Giá tham khảo: 3.500.000 VND (1.7oz/ 50ml).

#6 – Night Cream




There are like tons of night cream on the market that specifically suit for any skin type. If you already have one that you think it suits your skin type and solve your skin problems, then you are a very lucky girl, go for it! I’m still struggling to find a night cream for my own skin. I’ve been trying the sample size of Lancome Visionaire Advanced Multi-Correcting Cream which I received from buying the serum I mentioned above. The result was great but not very impressive, in my opinion. So yes, I’m still trying to find the It-night-cream, if you have any suggestion, please leave in the comment below. I’m opened to any suggestion.

Find this product here:

Tin tốt cho các bạn đọc ở Việt Nam, bạn có thể tìm mua sản phẩm này tại cửa hàng Lancôme ở TTTM Parkson (45 Lê Thánh Tôn, quận 1, TP.HCM). Giá tham khảo: 2.400.000 VND.

#7 – Mineral/Pure Water

Okay, now you probably would ask “Water? For what?”

Ladies, last but not least, always remember to drink a glass of water before going to sleep! There are no such makeup or skincare products that would be more beneficial than just mineral water. Drinking water solves most of your problems in the world, medically, physically and mentally. What more can we expected?


Sooo, that’s it for my night time skincare routine. Don’t forget to leave a comment below telling me what you use for skincare, I would love to read about skincare products you’re using. I hope you find my reviews useful. And huge thanks for reading my blog!


Love yourself more and always be beautiful.

Sweet dreams!




                                 xoxo


Vy Le Nguyen








Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog. I only recommend products I use and I personally think are good having tried them on myself, so I can’t guarantee that all of those products I recommended will suit you. I suggest you test products out on yourself before purchasing.




No comments:

Post a Comment