Wednesday, August 20, 2014

In-flight beauty packing tips



Hello pretties!

I had a weekend getaway to Da Nang last week with my besties and I’m travelling by plane. This is a short trip so I don’t need to bring along too many things, you know I’m always over-packing – tell me if we’re in this together – so I didn’t buy any checked baggage. But when you choose to travel by plane, there are a few things you need to keep in mind about packing beauty products for your cabin baggage. As we all know, there are restrictions about bringing liquids in your cabin baggage, but don’t worry, it isn’t that hard to pack all of your skincare routine. So, challenge accepted, ladies!


Each passenger is allowed to carry the capacity of liquids not greater than 1000 ml with them or in his/her cabin baggage on board the aircraft.

All liquids are required to be carried in bottles, vials or containers with a capacity not greater than 100 ml and be completely closed.


Okay, and now I’ll show you how I’m going to pack my beauty essentials for a weekend getaway!











#1 – Travel Size Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash & Body lotion – 1.7 fl.oz / 50 ml each




I bring along my travel size kit from L’Occitane Verbena Harvest Body Care. Let me tell you something about its scent. At first, I don’t like the scent when I first tried the body lotion before bedtime. But, when I go to bed, this scent surprisingly makes me feel so at ease and relax. So next time, I tried the whole kit from shampoo to body lotion. The result undoubtedly is amazing! My hair and body smells so fresh and clean, it really energizes your body and spirit. I feel like a home-spa-day!

Shop it here:

Unfortunately, this travel kit is a limited edition so it's no longer available. I will link down below the new travel kit which is available now on Sephora.


Tip No.1: Travel size is travel-friendly!

You would never know how useful those little tiny bottles are until you travel. I don’t like the travel size at first, I always go for the value size, because we all know, the bigger size you get, the more money we save. But trust me, you should have some travel size of your favourite beauty items.

Tip No.2: Reduce the capacity of liquid by using hotel’s offers.

For example, I can skip the body wash if I’m over the limit. You may not trust those stuffs in the hotel’s bathroom (Me included, I try not to use theirs like toothpaste, tooth brush, shampoo or body lotion, because I don’t think they’re good enough) but sometimes they will be your life-saver. Who knows, right?

#2 – Makeup Remover – non-liquid






I would definitely choose the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. Yesss, I knew I would not regret buying this one. It’s is cleansing balm which is a non-liquid item so no need to worry about it!

If you would like to read my review on this item, check out on previous blog post: Evening Skincare Routine.

Shop it here:

For beauty-lover in Vietnam, you can find this makeup remover from Clinique at Parkson Deparment Stores (45 Le Thanh Ton District 1) with the price of 840.000 VND.

#3 – Travel Size Cleanser & Toner– less than 1.1 fl.oz/ 30 ml – 0.84 fl.oz/ 25 ml






Lucky me, I received this Travel Size Shiseido White Lucent Cleanser from my last year’s purchase at Shiseido and there’s still a half, I guess. According to my skin type, this cleanser is great for using on my beach trip. Because White Lucent Cleanser seems to be too moisturized for my skin and it gives me an oily face and shiny nose when I first tried. Yet, as I told you before about how my skin turns out really dry when I’m soaking in the sun at the beach, this cleanser became my life-saver overnight! To complete the cleansing step, I use Shiseido White Lucent Toner to hydrate my skin.

Shop it here:



For beauty-lover in Vietnam, you can find this makeup remover from Shiseido at Parkson Deparment Stores (45 Le Thanh Ton District 1).

Tip No.3: Save up the samples for travelling.

But I suggest you should keep the samples, you’ll normally received together with purchase, for later uses. If you don’t have any travel size or sample size of your beauty products, you can pour a small amount of the full sizes into small bottles which you can get at any supermarket.

#4 – Moisturizers – 1.6 fl.oz/ 50 ml






I did mention this Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer in my Summer Essentials, so if you would like to know my review on this, scroll down to check my previous post.

Shop it here:


For beauty-lover in Vietnam, you can find this moisturizer from Shiseido at Parkson Deparment Stores (45 Le Thanh Ton District 1) with the price of 550.000 VND.

#5 – Acne treatments – 45 g





As I told you in my previous post Evening Skincare Routine, I used to have a very serious acne-problem but I got rid of those acnes, and now sometimes I still have one or two here and there. So that’s the reason why I keep using this acne treatment Eclaran 5 by Pierre Fabre Dermatologie. This one is very effective but there is a little side effect is that if you use this too much, it can cause dryness to your face. But don’t worry, you can apply moisturizer after the gel is completely dry to fix this problem. If you can find this acne treatment at your place, you can try other acne treatments have the same composition Benzoyl Peroxide, they have the same uses.

For beauty-lover in Vietnam, you can find this acne treatment at any pharmacy stores with the price of 75.000 VND.

#6 – Deodorant Wax – non-liquid





Instead of using deodorant spray as usual, I go for the non-liquid form.

For beauty-lover in Vietnam, you can buy this mini deodorant at any supermarket with the price of 54.000 VND.

Tip No.4: Choose the non-liquid items if you can.

To save the capacity of liquids in my cabin baggage for other beauty products, I choose to bring along non-liquid ones, like the cleansing balm and deodorant I mentioned above.

#7 – Travel Size Face/ Body Sunscreen & Eye Cream Sunscreen – 0.6 fl.oz / 15 ml each





I also have got this Travel Size Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 40 for face/body as a sample from my purchase. I have to say it’s very useful for travelling and easy to bring along. The SPF40 of this sunscreen is lower than the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion which has SPF 50, but don’t worry, SPF 40 is good enough. To be compared with the Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion, the Urban Environment one seems to be a little more sticky and harder to blend in. So of course, I will keep re-purchasing the Ultimate one!

The eye area is very sensitive, so protect them from exposing to the sun is significant. I love using the Eye Cream Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 32, it’s very gentle and provides one more layer of sunscreen to protect your eye area against UVA/UVB rays. Moreover, this one is very hydrated and prevent the appearance of wrinkles. You’re young and beautiful, doesn’t mean that your skin wouldn’t aging – scary fact that your skin is aging every second. The sign of aging can come even faster if you have dry skin. And you can see it first on your eyes. So start to take care of your eyes, ladies. I’m sure you would never regret!

Shop it here:



#8 – Face Primer & Lip/ Cheek Stain – less than 0.75 fl.oz/ 22 ml –  0.4 fl.oz/ 12.5 ml





When travelling, I go for simple and lightweight makeup look. After applying sunscreen, I only use the face primer Benefit Porefessional. This will quickly minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines. It has a very silky and lightweight formula can be worn under your makeup to create a smoother-than-smooth canvas or you can use throughout the day to mattify shine. It’s so translucent, no one will know you’re wearing anything! 

The one thing that I love about Benefit Benetint is that it’s a very handy item. You can have rose-tinted lip and cheek both in one little bottle. Besides, it give you a very natural makeup look!

Porefessional and Benetint, they’re both the bestseller at Benefit, you should go check it out and give it a try!

Shop it here:


For beauty-lover in Vietnam, you can find these from Benefit at Parkson Deparment Stores (45 Le Thanh Ton District 1) with the price of 810.000 VND for Porefessional and 850.000 VND for Benetint.

#9 – Lip Balm – non-liquid





As I told you in my previous post Summer Essentials, lip balm is always a must!

You may all know about EOS. Here I use EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm Strawberry Sorbet. And now I’m gonna chatter all about how addictive this lip balms are. This lip balm has broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and contains Vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba oil to keep your lips kissably smooth. More importantly, its smell is sooo good – I have like all of their flavour, I told you I addicted to this lip balm – and it’s 100% natural flavour!

Shop it here:

EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet 

#10 – Travel Size Night Serum Treatment – less than 0.23 fl.oz/ 7 ml






I fell in love with the Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector ever since I received a sample from Lancome. I decided to buy a full size one, but I still kept the sample bottle for travelling.

If you want to read my reviews on this night serum treatment, check out my previous blog post Evening Skincare Routine.

Shop it here:


For beauty-lover in Vietnam, you can find these from Lancome at Parkson Deparment Stores (45 Le Thanh Ton District 1) with the price of 3.500.000 VND (1.7 oz/ 50ml)

#11 – Purse Spray Perfume – o.25 fl.oz / 7.4 ml






Perfume is all women’s essential!

I feel like wearing Première by Gucci this trip. The first reason is because I have the purse spray size of this perfume which I find it very easy to carry around and save a lot of spaces in your purse (of course, that’s why it was called ‘purse spray’). And the second reason is because of its scent which is beautiful and sensual. I’m not sure if it’s a summer scent, but I still feel like wearing it for my weekend getaway and I love it anyway. The scent lasts very long. Btw, I have a small tip to make your perfume last longer: Despite popular believe, DON’T RUB your wrists together after spraying perfume! Because rubbing can cause the scent to break down, so just let your perfume dry naturally if you can.

Tip No.5: Go with the travel size perfume or get an atomizer.

When travelling, you can’t bring along a whole bottle of your favourite perfume, so purse spray, rollerball or miniature perfume would be the best solution. There’s a more economical solution that you have to buy the travel size of your favourite perfume, you can buy an atomizer to take your favourite scent anywhere anytime.

Shop it here:







Now you’re all packed and ready to go! I did bring all of the above with me and I don't know if you can tell, I took all these shots at the hotel. If you're interested in my Da Nang trip, you could visit my facebook to check out the album.


Hope my tips will help you pack your stuffs easier and beauty packing for a flight is not stressful anymore!

If you have any packing tips, tell me in the comment below, I'd love to know all about it!



Love yourself more and always be beautiful.

Bon voyage and happy travelling!








                                 xoxo


Vy Le Nguyen









Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog. I only recommend products I use and I personally think are good having tried them on myself, so I can’t guarantee that all of those products I recommended will suit you. I suggest you test products out on yourself before purchasing.




No comments:

Post a Comment